Cupcakes have been quite an obsession in the last few years. It seems like every bakery carries them, and there are thousands of cookbooks, home-baking businesses and blogs devoted to these delightful little treats.
The cupcake image is found on everything from jewelry to soap to stationary to candles …you know , it’s just everywhere.
I love the Kate Spade Cupcake Collection. I received the adorable necklace as part of a giveaway set from the very lovely and generous Jessica of @luxeandthelady/ Instagram .
And yes, there is a keychain too, as part of the Kate Spade Collection. And, since I’m wearing cupcakes , I figured I might as well go extra- cutesy – kindergarten teacher style and use my puppy bag. You can find the Marc Tetro Tote on zulily.com.
Oh no! You promised to bring classroom treats and just ran out of time! This delicious recipe is easy and quick enough to save the day !
You will need : 1 package of devil’s food cake , 1 and 1/3 cup of water , 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup dried cherries, 1 container buttercream frosting, 25 drops green food coloring, and 11 maraschino cherries, stemmed and halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 22 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. Beat cake mix, water, eggs, sour cream, and oil in large bowl 30 seconds at low speed of electric mixer or just until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Fold in dried cherries.
3. Fill muffin cups and bake 22 minutes. Cool completely.
4. Place 1/4 cup frosting in small bowl with food coloring. Stir to combine and set aside.
5. Frost cupcakes with remaining white frosting. Place 1 cherry half, cut side down, on each cupcake. Place green frosting in piping bag fitted with writing tip. Pipe a stem and leaf on each cupcake. Enjoy !
Thanks so much for your time and attention. It is always appreciated.