Even if you never wear dresses during the rest of the year, come summertime there’s nothing better. The easy coolness of a summer dress is irresistible. Nothing to mix and match. No rules as to how long or short it can be. Look for lightweight fabrics that drape well and breathe. Color? Summer is full of it- take your pick. Pattern? Stripes, dots, flowers- anything goes as long as it’s relaxed, loose, and pretty.
How about this fun ice-cream printed dress from http://www.bonnechancecollections.com ? My always stylish friend, Rachel, of http://www.myfashionfingerprint.com sent it to me for my birthday and I love wearing it.
This Calvin Klein maxi-dress was both easy to wear and pack when I recently traveled to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I found it at http://www.thredup.com for 70% off the retail price. The sandals are White Mountain Brand from http://www.marshalls.com and the hat is from http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com.
This is a tunic I wore back it February with jeans and a fur vest, over leggings, and even tucked into a skirt. I think it works well as a bathing suit cover up. It’s great if you are going to be at a pool or beach but also want to look nice as you are running errands around town.
Serve milkshakes that will make everyone smile!
You will need :
5 maraschino cherries, divided
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
1 banana, frozen and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices, divided
1/4 cup colored sprinkles,divided
1/4 cup salted peanuts
1. Remove the stems from 4 cherries. In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, half the banana slices, 2 cherries, and 1/8 cup sprinkles. With the blender on medium low speed, blend mixture until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes.
2. Pour half the ice-cream mixture into a tall glass; top with 2 more cherries, half the remaining banana slices and sprinkles and 1/8 cup peanuts.
3. Pour remaining ice-cream mixture into a glass. Garnish with remaining banana slices, sprinkle with peanuts; top with remaining cherry. Serve immediately.
Coconut Crispy Milkshake
You will need:
1 chocolate-coconut candy bar
1 cup vanilla ice-cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup crisp cereal
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1.Using a sharp knife, finely chop the candy bar.
2. In a blender, combine half the chopped candy bar, ice cream, milk, 1/4 cup cereal, and 1/4 cup chocolate syrup. With the blender on medium low speed, blend mixture until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes.
3. Pour half the ice-cream mixture into a tall glass; sprinkle with half the remaining candy and cereal. Pour the remaining mixture into the glass and garnish with remaining candy and cereal. Serve immediately.
Here are some fun glasses I found at http://www.polyvore.com.
Add a colorful, fruity garnish to your frosty creations. Thread fresh fruit slices on a skewer and lay it across the top of each ice-cream treat.
Another idea is to pour the mixture into a prepared pie crust, sprinkle with extra toppings, and then freeze.
However , there are so many fun Popsicle molds available now. I found these at http://www.target.com.
Hope you enjoyed this post ! Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out. I really appreciate your time and attention.
Happy National Ice Cream Day !
May it be both sweet and stylish for you !